Welcome to Financially Afloat!
It doesn’t matter if you earn $25,000 or $250,000 per year, strong financial management skills are essential. Otherwise, you can find yourself in the same position as more than half of Americans today: Barely treading water or flat out sinking financially, when you can be financially afloat.
So, what does being financially afloat mean exactly? Well, it means:
- You have a roof over your head and food on the table.
- All of your bills are paid on time each month.
- You have financial reserves for life’s unforeseen unfortunate events. (We all know how much life loves to throw curve balls.)
- You are (on the road to being) debt free.
- You will be able to comfortably retire when you are ready.
- And, you prioritize all other spending to focus on the things and experiences that matter to you the most.
This blog focuses on tips and tools to reduce unnecessary expenses, manage debt, prioritize spending and balance budgets so that you can afford the things that matter to you the most, while enjoying financial security.
Whether you are starting out, starting over, digging yourself out of a hole, or simply looking to make a few tweaks to your financial plan, I hope you find the blog relevant and useful.